Monday, March 2, 2015

Math

Last week, in order to reassure kevin that we are do kindergarten right, I printed off a summary of what kids usually know by the end of kindergarten.
We are doing well in reading, using progressive phonics,  but had a little ways to go in math and in writing. The list didn't mention art, but I'm sure we have reached greater heights in that area than the average kindergartener.
Thinking it over, I decided to look up math curriculum. Nelleke at Education is a Life pointed me towards free MEP math, and we have begun our spiralling journey towards an understanding of maths.
 Somehow, however, between printing the standards for kindergarten and printing out the first bit of MEP, I found that Katherine could do simple addition and subtraction. Which was all I needed for kevin, anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment